Clean water is the basis of your health! Due to the fact that tap water is consumed on a daily basis in volumes of litres, sometimes even tens of litres, a person gets a lot of harmful substances in the body, which can accumulate over time and thus worsen our health inconspicuously.
What's wrong with tap water?
So what does tap water contain that is so bad that we repeatedly mention it as unsuitable for long-term consumption (especially for children)?
- Rust (if you live in a new building with new, preferably plastic pipes, you don't have to worry about rust and metal from the pipes, but if you live in an old house, there is a very good chance that your pipes will enrich your drinking water with too much rust and other heavy metals).
- Heavy metals (especially lead, aluminium, cadmium, copper, nickel, mercury, and iron). The excessive amount of iron in tap water was the very first negative we llearned about it. While women excrete iron naturally during their menstrual cycle, excessive amounts of iron have carcinogenic effects in men.
- Chlorine (which is naturally contaminated with chemicals and artificially added to drinking water (similar to swimming pools) to kill bacteria, is a double-edged sword because research has shown that excessive chlorine in drinking water is carcinogenic).
- Fluorides (previously added to drinking water intentionally because they were believed to contribute to dental health, in the end, they only came to the conclusion that they devastated health and today they are no longer intentionally added, yet they occur in water).
- Pesticides (damage to the nervous system).
- Trihalomethanes (carcinogens, formed by disinfection of water during chlorination).
- Industrial solvents
- Bacteria and viruses (coliform bacteria, E. Coli - in individuals with a weakened immune system (the elderly, children) can cause diarrhoea, indigestion, fever, but also a general collapse of the body (when it spreads from the GIT to the body)).
- Estrogens (residues of female contraception that have such a low molecular weight that water purifiers are not able to remove them). Cases have been documented where estrogens from hormonal contraception have led to gender reassignment for fish inhabiting contaminated water.
- The remnants of other drugs that people excrete from their bodies or flush directly into the toilet and which then, again, despite insufficient wastewater treatment, get into rivers
- Microcystins - toxic substances produced by the overpopulation of cyanobacteria in water reservoirs.
Water filter - what is it for?
Water suitable for drinking and cooking.
Although tap water undergoes a thorough cleaning and is not harmful to health, it often does not taste very good. Additional filtration will help soften the water and remove odour and sediment.
Clean water for the little ones.
A child's body cannot deal with polluted water like an adult's body, so it is necessary to use water filters.
Water that benefits your skin.
When you take a shower or bath, water containing too much chlorine has a negative effect on the health of your skin. Quality water filters will help you get rid of chlorine and other adverse substances.
Safe water at home and in the cottage.
Where water pipes are missing, a well often serves as a source of drinking water. In order to be absolutely sure of the safety of the water, it is necessary to use the right filtration system.
Water at work or school.
We spend most of the day away from home, at work or at school. In addition, operating a water dispenser is much cheaper than buying bottled water to maybe give to students, employees or clients.
We are still preparing products.
But you can look at other categories.